Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ruth's journey to becoming an "Awesome" SoulKids® Mentor

Ruth recently successfully completed the six months SoulKids® Mentor Training and she talked to us about her inspirational journey and what she has learnt along the way... ...

Tell me about yourself.
Like many of us, I am a working mum and juggling parenting and work can be a challenge. I know I'll make mistakes, however I want to ensure that I make as few of them as possible. So when I read about SoulKids® Mentor, I jumped at the chance.

What do you like about SoulKids®  Mentor Training?
These are life lessons for all of us, whether we are children or adults, the lessons are the same. Telling these lessons through stories taps into how we learn best... through story telling. Just sit through a few presentations at work and you will see how much you remember from the story versus the fact based style of presentations.

How has the training influenced you?
It has given me more confidence in my ability as a parent. And importantly, seeing the transformation of the children during the SoulKids® programs has opened my eyes to what can be achieves through the sharing and interacting of these great lessons by Vikas.

What has been the most inspiring lesson for you?
The SoulKids® Mentor Training is about ourselves first. We have to live these lessons before we can influence others. As Ghandi once said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world". This is the lesson that Vikas so clearly brings out in the SoulKids® Mentor Training Program.

How do you think the children will benefit from SoulKids® ?
Gosh, there are so many benefits. Here are some as an example:
"You are enough" is a lesson that comes through very strongly in the program.
The children begin to know and understand what makes them special and unique, to celebrate that uniqueness and know how to then use it in everyday life.
The SoulKids® program teaches the children to be resilient and see resilience as a strength that will support them when things are not going so well.
As soon as my daughter is old enough, I too will be signing her up for a SoulKids® program.


If you are interested in taking your own journey of self-development and personal growth, as well as becoming an inspiring Mentor to children. Please contact:

Sally Forrest
Mobile: (65) 9875 2372
Email: info@soulcentre.org
Website: www.soulcentre.org

No comments: