Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SoulKids® is coming to America



Why SoulKids®? Why USA?

5 years ago I was hired as a Director of a software company in Singapore. Having recently moved to Singapore, it was a huge life change as a single mom of two young boys. One day my son found a flyer for SoulKids® in a shop window and I thought it would be great for my sons to attend SoulKids® - Self-Confidence to introduce them to other children and give my children skills that would help them with the many changes in our lives. I had been recently separated from their father and we had moved from Bahrain in the Middle East to Singapore. All of which was quite a lot of change for us all as American citizens.

What I didn't expect was a complete change in my children.. At the end of the first day when I picked them up, they were smiley, happy and had obviously had a great time. (Sometimes from programs, they  cannot wait to go home!) Then the next morning, I woke up and there were two boys all ready to go an hour early (and that NEVER happens).

However the biggest change was in my son's attitude change. I have one son who is advanced, bright, has more patience with others that were slower and is likely to help others. My other son, who is a challenged learner, suddenly went from not even trying to complete math tests, to being proud of the questions he answered correctly and being more focused on his own accomplishments.

It was so amazing. I had to find out what happened in that two day program. I decided to make the significant investment to become a SoulKids® Mentor and learn to teach the program myself.

After teaching SoulKids® for over two years, I have seen miraculous changes on children that help themselves to be the best they can possibly be. I've also had many parents tell me how much SoulKids® programs have changed their children. I gave up my weekends to teach SoulKids® and it has been an amazing experience.

I really saw in SoulKids® an opportunity to make children's lives better by giving them skills that would last a lifetime in: self-belief, facing fears, dealing with negative people, improving communication skills and helping others to live their best possible life. There was no other program that taught these essential life-skills.

And so as I contemplated moving back to the US, I also wanted to make a personal change from working in IT with large corporations. I wanted a life that would share the best of the east with the west and help people live the best life possible. Thus, I am bringing SoulCentre Academy and SoulKids® Academy to the United States.

For more information about our SoulKids Programs in USA, please contact:
Deborah Carlson
Email: deborah.soulkids@gmail.com

No comments: