Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Margaret Taylor, new Soulkids Mentor, talks to Zoe about her “Journey to Becoming Awesome!”


Margaret Taylor
I was looking for a new challenge and came across an article in Expat Living talking about the experience of being a children’s mentor.  I came along for a free talk held by Vikas Malkani, one of the founding members of SoulCentre®, Singapore and was inspired to sign up for a six month training programme. Along the way I learned a lot about myself which helped not only my own personal development but also my relationship with my young son. 

The culmination of the training programme was to help run a Soulkids® workshop over two days.  Whilst I admit to being apprehensive (if not truly terrified!) at the thought of trying to ensure that almost 60 children had a fun, informative and transformational weekend, the end result was, in the words of Soulkids® themselves, truly AWESOME!!!

To see the changes in the children as they blossomed from shy, self conscious individuals into the self confident, happy, friends that emerged at the end of the two days was truly a joy.  It was a privilege to be part of the team that helped with the children’s transformation and I can’t wait for the next one!!

No comments: