Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Different Perspective!



After the successful SoulKids Self-Confidence workshop which was held at the beginning of June, we received these comments from Justin and his mum.


Justin, 14
"SoulKids was fun and meaningful. The lessons were told in the form of fun, simple, meaningful and easy to remember stories. It sticks with you."





















June
June, Justin's mum
At the end of the 2-day program, my son, Justin told me that he might want to be a SoulKids Mentor. What a difference two days made! My 14 year old acknowledged the value of the program and felt that "young children should learn this stuff."

Being an articulate and well-read boy, Justin's specialty was in coming up with 101 reasons why something would not work, but after the program, Justin became more positive, and less argumentative. To quote Justin: "The stories really made the lessons stick."

I have now put two of my children through the SoulKids program already. Knowing all the stories myself, my children and I now have an additional common language. Instead of lecturing, I now bring up the relevant stories and they complete the lessons themselves. No more need to shout.

No comments: