Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Journey as a SoulKids® Mentor……by Paolo Corpuz, Academy Director, SoulKids Sydney.


I can confidently say that becoming a SoulKids Mentor has definitely changed my life for the better.  It has helped me in the way I think, and the way I see my place in the world. 

The mentor training program itself is unique, fun, but most importantly for me, it is effective.  It kick-started something in me and guided me to the right path, letting me realise that it’s never too late to correct a negative habit.  Being in control of how I think, and who I am, is absolutely priceless.

Being a SoulKids mentor has inspired me to help others, and give them effective tools so that they too can benefit themselves.  I think that the best way to achieve results is to have a genuine desire and the willingness to take action on it.  When children attend the SoulKids program, the ones who get the most out of it are those who want to get the most out of it. Children leave the SoulKids program as better people, even though they themselves might not notice it.

In life, everyone is unique, and yet we are expected to be and think just like everyone else. Growing up we are often told that we can be whatever we want, yet as we continue on with our lives, this belief may be chipped away slowly and repeatedly.  It is amazing that we are capable of creating amazing things for ourselves, as well as becoming our own worst enemy.  It’s in our own hands, and ultimately, it is a choice.  SoulKids helps to make this important life lesson clear. 

SoulKids also shows us that our results are our responsibility and that if we don’t like what we get, we must change what we give. We have the power and the tools to create a new experience of life!

The best thing about being a SoulKids mentor is that it helps shape who I am as a person. And it even inspires me to strive to be the kind of person I aspire to become.  It has helped re-affirm my sense of me.  It has made me look inwards and re-evaluate many aspects of my life, which is an integral part of self-development.  

The benefits that I have experienced from becoming a SoulKids Mentor have been phenomenal.  All the little improvements have added up in my life, and I am sure they will keep on increasing. I have SoulKids to thank for this part of my life journey.


Paolo Corpuz
Academy Director, SoulKids Academy, Sydney, Australia
info@soulcentresydney1.com




To find out more about  how to become a SoulKids® Mentor, please contact:
  

Sally Forrest
Mobile: (65) 9875 2372



No comments: